Restore files from a backupThis guide will show you step by step how to copy files from a backup to their original location.
1. Copy profileFirst create a copy of your profile with which you always carry out the data backup.
2. Swap source and destination foldersOpen the profile properties of the copied profile. In the left menu click on Folders. Swap the source and destination folders by selecting the
Swap all source and destination foldersbutton on the toolbar. Now activate the source and target folder in the respective folder list using the checkbox in front of the folder. Close and save the profile properties.
For example, if your backup profile uses the source folder "C:\Data" and the destination folder "C:\Backup", then the profile copy should now use the source folder "C:\Backup" and the destination folder "C:\Data".
If the backed-up data from "C:\Data" is not located directly in "C:\Backup", then you have to select the corresponding subfolder with the data from "C:\Backup".
3. Create copy previewSelect
Create copy preview (without any actions)in the profile list menu bar to create a copy preview without actions of your profile copy.
4. Select filesIn the copy preview, right-click each file to be copied and select the
Copyaction from the context menu that appears. This will show you that the file will be copied back from the backup folder to its original location in the source folder.
5. Process copy previewClick on
Process Copy Previewbutton in the toolbar above the copy preview so that all displayed file actions are carried out from the preview.